Software Erosion Protection
Training number: Reliability_S08
- Dipl.-Inf. Thomas Eisenbarth
Professionals and executives in the areas of software development and quality assurance for technical and non-technical systems
About the topic:
The main cause of problems in the maintenance and evolution phases of software is the software erosion. This refers to the steady decline of the inner structure of a software system that always occurs without active countermeasures.
A single SW-erosion, producing a decision within the software development or maintenance, seems straightforward at first when considered on its own. Such erosion-promoting development decisions can even save time in the short term. However, in the long term, massive problems result from gradual software erosion.
Software erosion cannot be measured with conventional test methods: it becomes apparent through its symptoms and effects. These cause increasing development and maintenance costs, higher test costs, longer development cycles and thus an increasing project risk.
A prerequisite for long-term successful development and maintenance of high-quality software is to actively take action against software erosion and, by doing so, protect the internal software quality.
- Dimensions of software quality
- Lehman’s laws of software evolution
- Problems of program comprehension
- Software maintenance
- Software lifecycle
- Software analysis
- Statistical and dynamic analysis
- Quality analysis, quality assurance, Test
- Program representations
- Erosion factors
- Nature, origin, detection and elimination
- Architecture violations
- Style violations
- Dead code
- Prevention of software erosion in the development process
- Process integration
- Use of Continuous Integration
- Practical exercises
The participants should have appropriate knowledge in software development using C or C++.
Each participant must have a laptop with the Windows operating system (from Windows XP), on which software can be installed in the course of the seminar.
The training will end in all cases with a certificate of participation.
- 1st day from 09:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
- 2nd day from 08:30 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
On request, we will gladly make you a personal offer.
Scope of services:
- Training documents in paper form
- Training documents as pdf document
- Certificate of participation
Should you so wish, we can put together a time and content tailored coaching concept for you after completion of the training.
Here is all the information regarding the training as a PDF download.
Convenient registration here