Reliability Data Analysis
Training number: Reliability_S02
- Dr.-Ing. Melani Delonga
Engineers, technicians, specialists from the areas of development, testing, construction, research and production quality assurance
About the topic:
Lifetime data from trials, from the guarantee and grace period and from the wider field of operation can exist in different forms and data quality. Numerous practical exercises are used in the seminar to show how Weibull analyses can be carried out and interpreted for different data structures independently and with the help of Minitab software. Initially this will give the mathematical foundations. Subsequently, analytical methods for analysis of complete and censored datasets are covered. The focus of the seminar is the shape and quality of data-dependent, application-oriented selection of appropriate evaluation methods.
- Mathematical treatment
Basic concepts of statistics and probability theory, Weibull distribution, failure probability, density function, failure rate, reliability, rank sizes and their distribution, confidence intervals, estimation of distribution parameters, regression analysis, Maximum Likelihood Methods
- Analysis of complete data
Median rank method, Weibull probability network, Weibull analysis, two-parameter and three-parameter Weibull distribution, acceleration factors
- Analysis of censored data
Type I and Type II censoring, multiple censoring, Sudden-Death Testing, Johnson method, mileage distribution
- Interpretation exercises
Numerous interpretation exercises provide an opportunity to apply and expand the knowledge learned practically. Several different applications are analyzed and the results interpreted together.
- When is a two-parameter or a three-parameter Weibull distribution suitable?
- How big should be the correlation coefficient for a good adaptation be?
- Which parameter estimation method is suitable when (methods of least mean square error vs. maximum likelihood)?
- How can a mixture distribution be identified?
- Is it a batch problem?
- Is it competing failure mechanisms?
- What should be considered when a Weibull distribution exhibits large shape parameters?
There are no prerequisites for this topic.
Each participant must have a laptop with the following software: Microsoft Excel, Adobe Reader and Minitab (from Version R15). A demo version of the Minitab software can be downloaded from www.minitab.com. The software Minitab and Adobe Reader can also be installed during the training, but you should be aware that you need Admin-rights for your Laptop.
The training will end in all cases with a certificate of participation.
- 1st day from 09:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
- 2nd day from 08:30 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
On request, we will gladly make you a personal offer.
Scope of services:
- Training documents in paper form
- Training documents as pdf document
- Certificate of participation
Should you so wish, we can put together a time and content tailored coaching concept for you after completion of the training.
Here is all the information regarding the training as a PDF download.
Convenient registration here